Forms and Documents
The Planning Department works with the Jefferson County Commissioners, County boards, County departments, and federal, state, and local governments to promote responsible development, growth, and land uses in Jefferson County.
Tasks assigned to the Planning Department include:
- General long-range planning
- Growth Policy development and implementation
- Developing & reviewing new planning regulations and regulation updates, revisions and amendments
- Subdivision review
- Zoning administration and permitting
- Survey review committee
- Rural Improvement Districts (RIDs) and Rural Management Districts (RMDs)
- Permit coordination
The Planning Board typically meets the 2nd Wednesday of each month but may hold other public meetings as needed. Meetings are usually held in the new Clerk and Recorder's Office Meeting Room
Planning Board Agenda is available here.
|Board Member||Appointment Date||Expiration Date|
|David Leitheiser (vice chair)||2/1/2016||2/1/2018|
|Gerry Keogh (chair)||2/1/2016||2/1/2018|