Welcome to Jefferson County
Jefferson County has something for everyone; from rivers for floating and fishing, to hiking and climbing in the Elkhorn Mountain range, and a large motorized and non-motorized trail system. Boulder, High Ore and Basin are home to several radon health mines, ghost towns, Boulder Hot Springs and Whitehall hosts Frontier Days every July. The county fair is held in Boulder in August. Jefferson County abounds with natural resources and its economy is based around these, including production agriculture, wood products and mining.
COVID-19 and County Services
Incident updates from the county Emergency Operations Center/Public Health Department will be posted below as they are available.
- Event Plan PDF
- Event Planning Guide
- Governor's Directive on Bars and Restraunts (PDF)
- Guidance on Governor's Directive (PDF)
- Guidelines for Contacting District Court (PDF)
- SBA Disaster Assistance Loan
- Reopen America - Clean and Disinfect
- Jefferson County Public Health Department
- Jefferson County Public Health Facebook page
- Jefferson County Resolution 15-2020 Emergency Disaster
The County Commission has established an online/call in platform for citizens to participate in County meetings remotely. At the designated meeting time, those wishing to participate can watch online by visiting https://zoom.us/join and entering the meeting ID 671-828-8589. Citizens can also access the meeting on their phones by calling 1-312-626-6799 and entering the meeting ID 671-828-8589.
Current Projects, Materials or Equipment Open for Bid
None at this time
Jefferson County Fair August 27-30, 2020
Online county documents are in Adobe PDF format